From here, you’ll continue your journey to Angkor Thom, the capital city established in the 12th-century. Enjoy cycling along Angkor Thom’s wall, built to protect its’ city during the Khmer Empire. We will then view Bayon temple, built by King Jayavarman VII, who built hundreds of temples across the Kingdom.
By now, you’ll be ready to re-energise with a hearty-lunch and cold coconut. Want lunch with a view? Not to worry, we’ll be sat right next to one of the seven man-made wonders of the world, Angkor Wat. Once you’ve rested, we’ll explore this world heritage site, hailed by UNESCO as ‘one of the most important archaeological sites in South-East Asia’.
After exploring this wonder, you’re ready to head back to your accommodation for a well-deserved rest. Today you explored three of the main temples built during the Khmer empire, cycled ancient trails and hopefully made some unforgettable memories!
- Meet at your accommodation
- Cycle to Taprom Temple, famous for its’ overgrown jungle among the ancient ruins
- Head along Angkor Thom’s trail, a route hailing back to the 12th-century
- Visit Bayon, the temple with 4 faces
- Lunch close to Angkor Wat, one of the seven man-made wonders of the world
- Visit the wondrous Angkor Wat temple to finish off the tour
- Return back to your accommodation for some rest and relaxation!
Included: Mountain bike, temples’ fees ($38), tour guide, local lunch, water and coconut water.
Book your tour